I create personal transformation through conversation
I transitioned to being a full-time coach and supervisor of executive coaches with the foundation of a 20-year career in military operational flying and advanced flight instruction. In the military, as leader of the South African Air Force’s formation aerobatic team “The Silver Falcons”, I learned first-hand the value and complexity of potent leadership, effective communication & relationships within an organisational context. I passionately work and live with a positive-psychology approach, assuming the inherent potential and value of the people who choose to work with me. My clients are inspired to take their personal and professional lives quantum leaps further, by transformed thinking, lived experience and action. I now work as a coach and supervisor, with individuals and teams to create and sustain these skills in their own business’ culture and personal lives.
Using secure online technology I globally provide
- personal coaching
- coaching programmes for corporates
- coach supervision for individuals
- coach supervision for organizations
My deep passion for coach supervision comes from my personal experience of its transformational impact, as well as my aviation background in standards, training and performance review. While these latter aspects are not explicitly what supervision is about, they are visited at appropriate times in reflective practice. I supervise coaches one-to-one ad-hoc or monthly. For coaches wanting to learn in community with others, I host supervision groups. Some coaches prefer to start with some insight into themselves using a tool called TIFF (Temple Index of Functional Fluency), I am a certified TIFF provider.
In coach supervision you can expect to resolve the challenges you experience with clients and in managing your practice. I supervise professional coaches both new to the field and experienced, whether working with individuals or groups, or at executive level in organisations.
I enjoy helping coaches grow their online and face to face businesses. In addition to supervision, I share a number of business tools and best practices to help coaches enhance their approach to their practice and engagement with clients.
I have extensive and diverse experience coaching individuals and groups in CEO, director, executive, general manager and non-executive levels in governmental, private and non-profit sectors. I also work as a coach supervisor with a diverse array of coaches globally in corporate and private contexts.
I am a certified supervisor and a Registered Supervisor with COMENSA. I supervise using a co-creative and appreciative approach. I use transactional analysis (TA) as a framework to help explore experiences and relationships. TA is a globally employed psychological model for understanding and developing organisations’ cultures and people’s thinking, feeling and behaviour.
As a coach, I love supporting my clients in taking the lead in their own journeys to effective relationships and communication skills, with clear thinking and accountable action.
I serve voluntary roles in the following NPO/NGOs:
- voluntary coach supervisor to coaches in a global initiative in response to the refugee crisis called CoachActivism. I work with coaches around the world in groups and individually to provide supervision and support
- board member in the International Transactional Analysis Association, also serving as Regional Representative for Africa and the Middle East, and co-chair of the Ethics Committee
- vice chairperson of the South African Transactional Analysis Association
My past roles in voluntary capacities:
- SATAA Board Secretary
- COMENSA Supervision Portfolio Committee vice chairperson
- COMENSA Membership Criteria and Standards of Competence Committee vice chairperson
- COMENSA Western Cape Vice Chair
- COMENSA Western Cape Secretary